Thursday, August 03, 2006

The Greatest Doctor

I work for a small-town newspaper and printing company, and each year we print the local high school's graduation program.

Being something of a quote whore, I always look forward to reading what the grad class's motto is...what words the student body has chosen to represent itself as it achieves one of life's great milestones.

One of these years I'd love to see a class with the cajonés to print "Kegger tonight at Brandon's!" or "My sophomore science teacher stole my neutrons." on the front of the grad program. But that might not make it past the advisers, huh?

Most classes are usually quite restrained, and offer words of wisdom by Hemingway or Honest Abe, making reference to the great big world out there and all there is to conquer.

One class a few years ago stepped just slightly outside the box, and I thank them for that, because this quote has been with me since the first time I read the words:

"Be who you are, and say
what you feel, because those
who mind don't matter, and
those who matter don't mind."
—Dr. Seuss

Words to live by, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment