Sunday, May 06, 2007

I'm So Peeved

It's Sunday...time for a squib.
Seeing as how the big wide InterWeb has a little corner for everything else, it shouldn't come as a surprise that there are sites to piss and moan and air one's grievances. (wait...I think I just described every online forum and message board, didn't I?)

How about a site dedicated to pet peeves? Found this in an article by the Associated Press last week, and thought I'd pass it on. Maybe it'll be good for a laugh, and maybe those who pass by this blog will want to stop and jot down a couple of their own.

One of mine biggies is people who think they never make mistakes. And when they do make mistakes (we all make mistakes), they try to blame somebody else, or if that doesn't work, they make up some lame-ass excuse to make their mistakes seem like no big deal. Their mistakes are miniscule, while everyone else's mistakes are so gigantic they run the risk of knocking the earth out of its orbit!

Repeat after me:
"I. made. a. mistake."
The End

There. Is that so tough to say?

Another pet peeve of mine is people who don't hit on a 16 when the dealer has a seven or higher showing. But it's not like I'm a blackjack expert or anything.

Anyone else care to share?


"To have a grievance
is to have a purpose in life."
—Eric Hoffer

2 comments:

  1. Slower drivers in the fast lane. Get over or get off!

    End of story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say, one of the biggest pet peeves I have, is definitely the above stated. Another one is when people talk so quietly and they expect you to hear them! Check out the url for another site with more pet peeves!

    ReplyDelete